Does this sound familiar?
- Managers have a difficult time separating current performance from future potential.
- Succession plans are more focused on replacements than longer term talent pool development.
- Once people are identified, we don't always do a good job of creating and executing development plans for them.
We assist organizations in identifying criteria for assessing potential and facilitate management sessions to verify and validate succession data. Our emphasis is on creating appropriate development plans that align potential, career goals, motivation, and organization needs. We also help clients create comprehensive, longer term organization plans aimed at strengthening the talent pool over time.
- Identify key leadership competencies based on the organization's business strategy and values
- Define criteria for assessing current performance and future potential
- Assess learning agility as an additional piece of data for succession planning
- Facilitate management sessions to review succession data