Does this sound familiar?
- Managers are good at assessing functional and technical skills, but not at evaluating soft skills.
- People rarely fail because they lack technical knowledge or expertise. They struggle because they can't get along with others, don't listen, can't inspire a team, or don't adapt to change.
- Hiring decisions are often based on vague rather than specific criteria.
The cost of hiring mistakes has been estimated at 2-4 times salary for lower level positions and as high as 20 times salary for senior jobs. Not only are hiring mistakes costly, they create turbulence in the organization. Improving selection success rates by even a small percentage can have a dramatic impact on the organization.
We help organizations identify critical competencies needed for high performance and train decision makers how to conduct structured, behavioral interviews to assess those competencies. We also offer advanced training for Human Resource Professionals so they may serve as internal experts and advisors.
- Create job competency profiles based on research and internal data
- Identify price of admission and competitive edge competencies
- Train managers and Human Resource Professionals to conduct structured, competency-based interviews
- Help clients define ways to measure outcomes